Monday, December 1, 2008

Just what I needed!

well since my last post it has started snowing, I started work, I took a road trip, made some hats, and put my mind back in the right place.

So this road trip. I got invited to Athens a couple weeks ago to the Georgia vs. Georgia tech game. From my house it's about a 14 hour drive...well Georgia being my team I jumped at the chance. I've been just frustrated here in Michigan with the weather and thewhole lack of job and so on, well an employee of my dad's company will be leaving for 6 weeks for maturnity leave, which is a perfect opportunity for me to have a job that works with my schedule and there are no strings attached after 6 weeks. I did get the job at the Rehab place that i was interviewing for but i turned it down, even though it would have been great to have on my resume. so i started last monday and wednsday was the company thanksgiving party...which was great. great food
so wednsday night i went out with Nick Katsefaras and Kim Herbert, two friends from high school for the local bar scene, due to having a co-worker bail out on me and another co-worker. anyways it was funny going to the bar in Pinckney because it was a Highschool reunion pretty much, just full of all those people i never wanted to see again nor actually see again. well i saw them again an it was funny seening how much everybody changed...mostly...larger...haha anyways my favorite quote of the night was "nice seeing you again Zak, but i have to go, my mom's here" i about died when she walked out the door

so the next day Thanksgiving morning I was cussed out by my dad and sister, so i decided not to drive the twon hours to my aunt's to spend time and be frustrated and have nobody to talk to.  so i spend the day with my dog...it was good

so then the trip to athens started at 4:30 AM
In tennessee i realised the GPS was taking me towards Atlanta during rush hour on black friday....NO!
so i took the road through pigon forge....and the great smokey mountain national park...awesome drive through the park, hell in the bird town....
finally got into Athens around 8 or something, and when i arrived, caroline wouldnt pick up her phone...which was really funny how that all works out, i drive 14 hours and i then cant get in touch with her when i arrive...lol
anyways she called me back, turns out she was avoiding my calls...okay not really she was sitting on her phone on accident
anyways i made it to her place and we made omlets and chatted then went out to Copper creek after meeting up with her boyfriend Mark and her friend Tori
after copper creek we went to 8e's bar, where they only play tacky awesome 80's music...great times, due to not really being able to dance to 80's music, you just wiggle and sway so it was so fun!
in the morning we woke up and went to The Hub bikeshop, the shop that Jittery Joes was out of, and where Vanderkitten is supposed to be out of this year...
then we went to Jittery Joes got coffee and then a beer store and bought good beer
went back to The Hub and chilled out watched the game from there because it was raining and cold. lunch we got burritoes from The Mean Bean which were amazing!
then i got a pair of zero gravity brakes for 50 bucks, because the N.E.R.D. "new england red devil" the guy who owns the Hub and designed the N.E.R.D. zero gravity brakes was hanging around and drinking beer with us
well georgia lost and the day just kept getting better met two more of Carolines friends, Erin and Emily, made some bracelets out of bike spokes and talked
all i have to say is that Georgia girls are the most beautiful and the best girls on earth
anyways we all went first to the girls apartment and played a bit of some kareoke game and then wallyworldto buy shirts for a tacky christmas party 
well we went to the party which was a lot of fun played some taboo and rock band, owned the expert level singing
then we went back out to the clubs, the loft for some booty shakin music, then back to 8e's, and maybe abouter one or two...i may or may not remember completely haha
after that went back to carolines and fell asleep...woke up around 8 and said my goodbyes
went to the bux and got coffee and then hit the road
traffic a few spots along the way and then hit the snow around ann arbor
i was only glad to be done driving not to be back in michigan and covered in snow or to have work in the morning
i'm counting down my days to move south

so i had to turn around and go around and pick 

No comments: